Monday, July 1, 2013

Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God."

So, this post will actually be short! I am sad because as of today, I officially have exactly a month until I am leaving this wonderful country. I will definitely be looking forward to going home, but also not wanting to leave! Anyway, this past week has been very interesting and yet not interesting at all. Starting on Friday night I wasn't feeling that great and discovered that I had a fever. I rarely ever get sick in the states and I am really not the best a being sick. Even though my body needs the rest, I really struggle to just lay on the couch all day while my body heals. So Saturday, I took it pretty easy and actually just hung out on the couch. Christine, our professor, did come visit us on Saturday night and so I did hang out with her and the other girls some that night. Well, Saturday night the fever got a little out of hand. It got up to nearly 104. I figured that was probably significant enough to need to go to the hospital. So Sunday morning, Christine, Taylor, and I went to the hospital in a nearby city. "Hospital" here is a little different story. It was basically a room with a few beds and a doctor. She talked to me and tried to figure out what was going on. I had to go to a clinic to get blood work done to ensure that I didn't have Dengue, which is the disease caused by mosquitoes that Christine just got over. Thankfully, the blood work showed that I didn't have Dengue! We went to a pharmacy and I got me a good supply of Tylenol. Then we went home and I just slept all day. Well then proceeded to do that everyday until Friday morning when my fever finally broke! So, I am feeling so much better now, finally regaining strength. My diagnosis was some sort of virus that has been just making its way around our community. It pretty much is just a fever. But there is also a little rash and bruising that has decided to linger on my feet and legs. I think it just is a result from poor circulation during my fever. It is getting better and I am so thankful. The Lord definitely works in crazy ways. I love how He needed to make me physically weak so that in Him I could be strong.  The Lord knows exactly what you need always and this week I needed to be still and know that He is God. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

  1. We have been so worried about you! So glad you are feeling better! Praying for your strength everyday!

    ReplyDelete